Dark-Zero Pokemon Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dark-Zero Pokemon Forum

Pokemon forums. Come to chat, battle, trade and more. Show off your art, talk about anything pokemon!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Dragon Gym--

Go down 
+2
Dark-X-Zero
Kodiak
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Kodiak

Kodiak

Number of posts : 96
Your Favorite Pokemon : Dragon Gym-- Spr_3e_026
Registration date : 2009-06-27

Dragon Gym-- Empty
PostSubject: Dragon Gym--   Dragon Gym-- I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 9:54 pm

I would like to make a gym, if that's alright c: A Dragon-like one to be exact

I at first, had a water one in mind, but then I realized, my strongest pokemon, are probably my serpents/reptiles :3

Rules:
No lengendaries, please
No one hit KO moves
Please refrain from spamming. Two moves in a row does not count as spam, but using surf x 4 or whatnot, yeah no.

My pokemon for this team->
Garchomp
Milotic
Kingdra
Charizard
Tyranitar
A rotating pokemon of choice.

I feel vunerable when I have a team that all share the same type, so I varied it a bit, but they all specialize in dragon attacks and contain reptile qualities [:

I'm open to challengers

Last edited by Kodiak on Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dark-X-Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Dark-X-Zero

Number of posts : 324
Your Favorite Pokemon : Dragon Gym-- Aquamortar
Registration date : 2008-12-12

Dragon Gym-- Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragon Gym--   Dragon Gym-- I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 7:56 pm

I would concider Milotic a dragon [ish] pokemon, but Charizard is pretty dragon like aswell, looks like a nice team, dragon type weakness is dragon and ice, you may want a grass pokemon, or a couple of grass moves in that team as some people will be using water types with ice moves.
Back to top Go down
https://darkzero-pokemon.forumotion.com
Kodiak

Kodiak

Dragon Gym-- Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragon Gym--   Dragon Gym-- I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 10:50 am

Mmm...Well this isn't my original team, so its not completely balanced, but I want each to be as close to the theme as possible.
A grass pokemon would be a good addition though [gotta avoid the ice attacks on that one as well] What dragon-like grass pokemon are there even? Oh~! And thanks for the advice [:
Back to top Go down
Dark-X-Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Dark-X-Zero

Dragon Gym-- Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragon Gym--   Dragon Gym-- I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 11:40 pm

I'm not entirely sure, though I know Rain Dance is a good choice for a dragon pokemon as an ice move is recommended, while using Rain Dance you could always have Flygon or Altaria learn Solar Beam via TM, and on the other hand, if you know how the Hidden Power move works, you can always get a Hidden Power Grass move on one of your dragons, based on IV's it is very difficult to get the type you want on catch but it is do able.
Back to top Go down
XLR8

Number of posts : 102
Your Favorite Pokemon : Dragon Gym-- Donphan
Registration date : 2009-07-16

Dragon Gym-- Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragon Gym--   Dragon Gym-- I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 2:53 am

Thats a pretty good team to be fair i agree with the grass type thing tho ya could throw in a sceptile i supose it looks quite dragon-esque but on the whole looks pretty solid and it seems that you wont be needing the grass moves seen as the pokemon you have got are gonna have moves that are strong against the same types as grass maybe chuck in a electric move if ya caan to stop pesky water types that might be carrying a few ice moves Very Happy

G

Lapras and Tyranitar can learn thunder, thunderbolt and shock wave via TM. might be a better option than the grass move thing.
Back to top Go down
Dark-X-Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Dark-X-Zero

Dragon Gym-- Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragon Gym--   Dragon Gym-- I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 1:49 pm

XLR8 wrote:
Thats a pretty good team to be fair i agree with the grass type thing tho ya could throw in a sceptile i supose it looks quite dragon-esque but on the whole looks pretty solid and it seems that you wont be needing the grass moves seen as the pokemon you have got are gonna have moves that are strong against the same types as grass maybe chuck in a electric move if ya caan to stop pesky water types that might be carrying a few ice moves Very Happy

G

Lapras and Tyranitar can learn thunder, thunderbolt and shock wave via TM. might be a better option than the grass move thing.

Shoot, why didn't I think of that, an electric move would be the better idea, seeing as grass is practicaly impossible to get for a dragon type, apart from Solar Beam.
Maybe you should stick a Gyrados in there with Thunder.
Back to top Go down
XLR8

Number of posts : 102
Your Favorite Pokemon : Dragon Gym-- Donphan
Registration date : 2009-07-16

Dragon Gym-- Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragon Gym--   Dragon Gym-- I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 6:16 pm

A gyrados might be a gud addition to be fair but be wary of the fact that as a water and flying type a electric attack could well wipe it off the board easily teaching lapras thunder might be the better option but another thing would be just try both pokemon out and see what works best for you.

G
Back to top Go down
Dark-X-Zero
Administrator
Administrator
Dark-X-Zero

Dragon Gym-- Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragon Gym--   Dragon Gym-- I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 8:50 pm

XLR8 wrote:
A gyrados might be a gud addition to be fair but be wary of the fact that as a water and flying type a electric attack could well wipe it off the board easily teaching lapras thunder might be the better option but another thing would be just try both pokemon out and see what works best for you.

G

Well said, it's all about the pokemon you feel comfortable using.
And yes, with Lapras's high defencive capabilitys, it might be good, though it is nothing like a dragon which is why I mentioned Gyrados.
Back to top Go down
Kodiak

Kodiak

Dragon Gym-- Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragon Gym--   Dragon Gym-- I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 11:10 pm

I actually have a scepitle in training, I'll see how he fairs [:
Also, an electric using pokemon is not neccessary, my tyranitar knows electric moves.
Thank you both for the advice :3
Back to top Go down
Seafoam

Seafoam

Number of posts : 143
Your Favorite Pokemon : Itsa Torchic! Oh, I like Piplup too.
Registration date : 2009-07-27

Dragon Gym-- Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragon Gym--   Dragon Gym-- I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 2:20 pm

I just cant wait to see the battles! Course I'll be in some of em! I'm a Gym leader. Trainers battle gym leaders.Such the chain goes on...
Back to top Go down
Kodiak

Kodiak

Dragon Gym-- Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragon Gym--   Dragon Gym-- I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 12:26 am

To all:
I apologize for my absence. Gym challenges will continue after the next few days. My poor computer got trashed by some jerk spyware (dang deviantart) and will be returning this week. I miss you all (:

--Kodiak
Back to top Go down
Seafoam

Seafoam

Dragon Gym-- Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragon Gym--   Dragon Gym-- I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 11:46 am

Hmm, what coulda it been? System Security 2009(A really stupid virus!)?
Back to top Go down
Kodiak

Kodiak

Dragon Gym-- Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragon Gym--   Dragon Gym-- I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 10:10 am

I don't even remember, but it completely destroyed the log on file of my computer, so it didn't know what the internet, word, or anything was. It got fixed for the most part..But we had to reapply the internet connection and Microsoft word doesn't work on it anymore. But hey, at least the net works, I'm happy xD

And I'm also back now, post here or PM or whatnot with challenges.
Back to top Go down
Seafoam

Seafoam

Dragon Gym-- Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragon Gym--   Dragon Gym-- I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 2:56 pm

Yay! Very Happy I'll be lying in wait there, training.... soon the flying-type gym shalt open...
Back to top Go down
Kodiak

Kodiak

Dragon Gym-- Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragon Gym--   Dragon Gym-- I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 7:05 am

I'm asking that battle requests/challenges will be held for a while. I recently lost my Pearl version-however, my friend got me Platinum as an early Christmas gift, so I have to build up my team once again. Shouldn't take too very long. (: Thank you

--Kodiak
Back to top Go down
mafiafran

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2010-08-13

Dragon Gym-- Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragon Gym--   Dragon Gym-- I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 6:47 am

seeing as grass is practicaly impossible to get for a dragon type, apart from Solar Beam.

_________

Weight Loss Pills
losing weight tips USA
Back to top Go down
LeeRain

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2010-09-11

Dragon Gym-- Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragon Gym--   Dragon Gym-- I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 11:53 am

I don't know any Python, so I trust you. When it comes time for the real move, I'll have it use an admin account and if it still stops at 32767 I'll come yell at you again Wink
Sponsored content

Dragon Gym-- Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragon Gym--   Dragon Gym-- I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dragon Gym--
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dark-Zero Pokemon Forum :: Pokemon Gym Leaders and Elite Four :: Gym Leaders-
Jump to: